As facilitators we know the demands of always being ‘on’ in front of a group. We also know that our ability to manage our own energy, while also tuning into the needs of group, allows us to provide the best experience for our participants.
With more than 1400 days of in-class and online facilitation experience spanning more than 25 years, Drew Bird, author of The Leader’s Guide to Emotional Intelligence, and an EQ Master Trainer, will share his experience of how emotional intelligence can make you a better facilitator both inside and outside of the room.
Using real-world examples as a basis, Drew will explore key areas of facilitation that both new and experienced practitioners alike can apply to their practice right away.
Drew Bird, founder of The EQ Development Group, and author of the Leader's Guide To Emotional Intelligence, supports coaches, consultants, and hr/talent management professionals to integrate emotional intelligence practices, tools, and techniques into their daily work.
In addition to his work speaking and presenting, Drew works directly with select clients from both the private and public sectors to develop effective leadership talent management practices, programs and processes. He also supports leaders from a range of organizations, and at all organizational levels, coaching and mentoring on day-to-day business issues and long-term strategic challenges. His engaging style and depth of subject matter knowledge makes him a sought after speaker, presenter, and facilitator, on a wide range of leadership related topics.
When not pursuing his passion for organizational and individual improvement, Drew is an avid sailor, cyclist, surfer, and movie hound. His love of travel has taken him all over the world, including Canada, the US, Central America, Australia, Africa, and Europe.
Drew can be contacted by email: email@example.com, or by phone at 250 869 9577. You can also connect with Drew on LinkedIn or follow him on Twitter. You can also click here to read Drew's full bio.
About the MAFN Facilitator Webinar Series:
- Approximately 2-3 days prior to this workshop, you will receive additional, more detailed instructions for joining the live session.
- The workshop will begin promptly at noon Eastern Time, but we strongly recommend you log-in to the website at 11:45 am to address any connection issues.
- Contact for issues/questions about:
- Admin support, firstname.lastname@example.org re: registration or membership issues
- Director of Online Learning Programs, Megan Primeau,email@example.com re: future webinar topics, general feedback, or issues connecting to the webinar the day of
- We hope the MAFN Facilitation Webinar series will provide you with:
- A brief overview of a topic aimed at a broad audience, but that includes some practical take-aways
- An interactive experience where you'll be contributing and sharing with each other, while learning tips and tricks from our presenters - a true "web-seminar“
- General knowledge and exposure to emerging ideas and techniques from various fields to help you build on your facilitation skills
- A collaborative educational workshop that uses technology to help you connect and learn with and from other facilitators from around the world