Duration: 90-minute workshop
About the workshop:
A podcast can be a great addition to your toolkit for learning, sharing your expertise, and marketing your brand. So can appearing on other people’s podcasts! Join MAFN members and podcasters Maurine Kwende and Carol Hamilton, and other MAFN members with podcast experience, to understand how podcasts can support your work as a facilitator - as a host or a guest. Maurine and Carol will also share lessons learned, and what they wish they’d known before starting their own podcasts!
In this session, participants will:
- Discuss podcasting in detail: why start a podcast; how to do it; what is involved
- Explore your podcasting goals as a facilitator
- Discuss benefits for guests and strategies to recruit guest hosts.
NOTE: This workshop will be recorded for distribution to all who register (breakout rooms will not be recorded).
This is a 90-minute online workshop. It will take place from 12:00pm to 1:30pm EDT.
Dr. Maurine Kwende is the CEO and Founder of EMK Learning Solutions LLC, a consulting firm that provides instructional design, leadership coaching, professional development, and facilitation services organizations, state and government agencies.
Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, Maurine had over 20 years of work experience working in various sectors including state and government, non-profit and corporate organizations in the areas of learning and development eLearning development, instructional design, strategic planning, Training and Development, performance improvement, coaching, leadership development, facilitation, organizational development, scrum, and agile project management.
Maurine’s purpose is to empower others to reach their full potential through her company, EMK Learning Solutions LLC, through her “Dream Big and Boldly Academy '' (DBBA) for emerging leaders and through her “Girls Can Dream Big 2” for non-profit women and girls. She also empowers others through her teaching, research, books, and her podcast “Empowerment Minutes.”
Maurine holds a Ph.D. in Learning Technologies Design Research from George Mason University with research interests in artificial intelligence, decision-making, workplace learning, leadership, and emerging technologies. She is also a faculty at George Mason University. Maurine wears many hats and believes you can be anything you want to be in life if you take action.
Carol HamiltonPrincipal, Grace Social Sector Consulting, LLC, and host of the Mission: Impact podcast, helps nonprofits and associations become more strategic and innovative for greater mission impact. She provides organization effectiveness consulting, meeting design and facilitation, and training to organizations.
A strategic thinker, Carol works with teams and organizations to envision and frame their future strategic direction. Practical in her approach, she helps teams unpack what is getting in the way of their effectiveness. She takes a human-centered and appreciative approach in her work and seeks to build on the strengths within the individuals, teams, and organizations.
Carol has more than 25 years of experience in the association and nonprofit sectors. Carol speaks and trains frequently on leadership, strategy, and innovation topics. She graduated from Swarthmore College and has her Masters in Organization Development from American University.
ONLINE WORKSHOP REMINDERS
- No refunds or credits for registration cancellations.
- Registration closes at midnight the day before the workshop.
- Registered participants will receive instructions for joining the live session and any additional details 1 day in advance and the morning of the event. Please be sure to look for the link in your email.
- Workshops begin promptly at 12:00PM Eastern. Please log on at least 15 minutes in advance to ensure your internet connections, audio and other settings are functioning properly.
- MAFN Members have access to all online workshop recordings via the MAFN website.
- For registration or membership questions contact email@example.com.