Duration: 90-minute workshop
About the workshop:
Conversational skills are critical for leaders, CSRs, negotiators, advisors, managers and sales professionals.
One of the best ways to train and evaluate conversational skills is with Role-Plays. However, audiences can find them awkward and cringey. This session will cover how to design a session with role-plays, how to balance scripted and unscripted sections and how to scaffold the training so people feel safe while they struggle. Whether you are teaching people new ways to converse in an EDI, change or performance context this session can help you accelerate people's development.Learning Objectives
In this session, participants will:
Learn how to design and deliver successful role-plays
How to balance scripted vs unscripted components
How to introduce and manage role-plays with groups in a fun and safe way
NOTE: This workshop will be recorded for distribution to all who register (breakout rooms will not be recorded).
This is a 90-minute online workshop. It will take place from 12:00pm to 1:30pm EDT.
Jason Lewis is a consultant, coach and facilitator with Shift Facilitation who specialises in learning, culture, leadership development, innovation and Change Management. As an expert facilitator he helps leadership teams connect with each other and have uncompromising conversations about the future. He also teaches Subject Matter Experts, Managers and trainers how to facilitate virtually. Participants appreciate his rigour, compassion and playfulness.
Jason received his Master’s degree in Leadership and Training from Royal Roads University in 2007. His thesis investigated the impact of Improvisational theatre techniques on team performance. His clients include eBay, Slack, Cisco, Suncor, Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, ExxonMobil, GE Healthcare, Home Depot, and Microsoft.
After hours he is a co-founder and Director of The Kinkonauts, an improvisational comedy theatre. He also likes to practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and travel with his wife and daughter.Find Jason on LinkedIn
ONLINE WORKSHOP REMINDERS
- No refunds or credits for registration cancellations.
- Registration closes at midnight the day before the workshop.
- Registered participants will receive instructions for joining the live session and any additional details 1 day in advance and the morning of the event. Please be sure to look for the link in your email.
- Workshops begin promptly at 12:00PM Eastern. Please log on at least 15 minutes in advance to ensure your internet connections, audio and other settings are functioning properly.
- MAFN Members have access to all online workshop recordings via the MAFN website.
- For registration or membership questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.