Duration: 3-hour workshop (includes a little networking time)
About the workshop:
MURAL is a “digital workspace for visual collaboration.” In today’s remote environment, it has replaced the whiteboard, the flipchart and the walls of the conference room as a place where ideas are brainstormed, problems are solved and decisions are made.
In this workshop for facilitators and visual consultants, Joran Oppelt (co-author of The Visual Meetings Field Guide) will show you how he uses MURAL -- from basic best practices to advanced use cases; from template-building to clean-up.
If you are looking for someone to show you how fun and easy MURAL can be, to level-up your facilitator skills or learn how to bring the magic to your next client session, you don’t want to miss this workshop.
- The Difference Between Design Thinking and Visual Thinking
- The First 30 Minutes: How to Begin Every Virtual Session
- Using Templates vs. Working From Scratch
- The Limitations of MURAL and What To Do if it All Goes Wrong
This is a 3-hour online workshop. It will take place from 12:00pm to 3pm EST.
Joran Slane Oppelt is an international speaker, author and consultant with certifications in coaching, storytelling, design thinking and virtual facilitation.
He made his consulting debut as the Director of Creativity and Innovation at RIDG (Royal Innovation Design Group), a corporate innovation consultancy specializing in visual solutions and change management. He is a master facilitator who leads game-changing meetings for clients and has trained other facilitators to drive transformation, delivering “great reckonings in small rooms.”
Joran is a member of the International Forum of Visual Practitioners and The GLEN (Global Learning and Exchange Network) founded by David Sibbet (the father of visual thinking) and is a regular guest on MURAL’s BackStage Pass video series.
He is the co-author of The Visual Meetings Field Guide: How to Facilitate Great Meetings with Amazing Teams (with Michelle Royal) and contributing author of The Creativity Workbook for Coaches and Creatives (with Dr. Eric Maisel).
Joran has shared the stage with Ken Wilber, Otto Scharmer, Howard Rheingold, Gary Vaynerchuck, Matthew Fox and Lynne McTaggart as well as Blues Traveler, Blind Melon, Men at Work, The Fixx and more at events like South by Southwest in Austin, TX; Parliament of the World’s Religions (Salt Lake City and Toronto) and Integral European Conference in Siófok, Hungary.
ONLINE WORKSHOP REMINDERS
- No refunds or credits for registration cancellations.
- Registration closes at midnight the day before the workshop.
- Registered participants will receive instructions for joining the live session and any additional details 1 day in advance and the morning of the event. Please be sure to look for the link in your email.
- Workshops begin promptly at 12:00PM EST. Please log on at least 15 minutes in advance to ensure your internet connections, audio and other settings are functioning properly.
- MAFN Members have access to all online workshop recordings via the MAFN website.
- For registration or membership questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.