About the session...
Do you wrestle with circular conversations that don't seem to go anywhere? Are there times when people are not engaged? Do people open up and share their true views?
Orchestrating conversations can be difficult without a specific plan or approach. Whether dealing with work colleagues, clients, or family members, there are times when conversations don’t go as planned. In this session, we will delve into the ‘Focused Conversation,’ a structured approach to facilitate discussions that results in people sharing their insights, creative ideas, and leads to deeper and more productive conversations.
This MAFN Webinar will be held 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM, Eastern Time.
- Understand a process to lead meaningful conversations and engage all participants
- Learn a structure for asking questions that probes beneath the surface and encourages a diversity of perspectives
- Gain insights on a conversation methodology that aligns with our subconscious reasoning process
About the Presenters
Our presenters will be Lewis Flax and Derry Deringer
Lewis Flax (Flax Associates) specializes in assisting nonprofit organizations generate corporate support through developing sponsorship/partnership programs, board development initiatives, and business development guidance.
Lewis has extensive experience in training and facilitation as he has led numerous board retreats and customized workshops for nonprofits. He regularly co-leads the ToP (Technology of Participation) introductory facilitation program, is a certified Dale Carnegie trainer (Skills for Success, Winning with Relationship Selling), an AFP Master Trainer, and a member of NSA (National Speakers Association).
Prior to establishing his own firm in 2008, he served as a Vice President for IEG (a consulting firm) responsible for the nonprofit/association sector in Washington, DC, and served on the leadership team at Financial Executives International (FEI).
Derry Deringer (Deringer Consulting) helps nonprofit, business and association clients accelerate their growth through better fundraising and better strategic planning. Derry is a certified fundraising executive (CFRE), culture facilitator (PCF) and professional coach (CPCC). Drawing on 25 years of experience, Derry delivers a blend of facilitation, consulting and coaching techniques to help clients reach their financial and strategic goals. Previously, Derry served as director of corporate and foundation relations and director of major gifts for World Food Program USA (WFP USA), a Washington DC-based nonprofit that supports the UN World Food Program (WFP) and other humanitarian assistance and hunger relief organizations.WEBINAR REMINDERS
- No refunds or credits for webinar registration cancellations.
- Registration closes at midnight the day before the webinar.
- Registered participants will receive instructions for joining the live session and any additional details 1 day in advance and the morning of the event. Please be sure to look for the link in your email.
- Webinars begin promptly at 9:00 AM EDT or 12:00PM EDT, depending on the topic of the event. Please log on at least 15 minutes in advance to ensure your internet connections, audio and other settings are functioning properly.
- MAFN Members have access to all webinar recordings via the MAFN website.
- For registration or membership questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.