There are a lot of cool tools out there to facilitate virtually. For just about any activity you want to do in the room, there's a way to do it via phone or computer, and many of them are free!
Over these 90 minutes, we'll demo our favorite, most bullet-proof tools for virtual facilitation. We'll answer questions and share what we've learned from facilitating remote groups. We'll show how you can use many of the tools you probably already know in new ways to facilitate group processes. And just for fun, we'll show off some state-of-the-art tools, including digital scribing and virtual reality.
We'll also invite you to share your favorite tools, too. (Of COURSE we were going to open it up to hear from you... facilitators gonna facilitate.) This isn't a tech demo: it's a conversation! Please come ready to share.
So please join us. Because facilitating in your pajamas is awesome.
Brian Tarallo is the managing director of Lizard Brain Solutions. He is a graphic facilitator, graphic recorder, and visual methods trainer. Graphic facilitation uses visuals to help teams solve problems, make decisions, and share knowledge. Graphic recording creates large-scale visual notes of conversations and presentations.
Brian is a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF.) He is an active member and sponsor of the International Forum of Visual Practitioners (IFVP), a member of the Mid-Atlantic Facilitators’ Network (MAFN), a member and presenter for the Chesapeake Bay Organizational Development Network (CBODN), an associate of the Grove Consultants International, a member of the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), and the founder of the OGSystems Visioneering Team.
In 2014, he delivered a TEDx talk, “What’s Wrong with This Picture,” on the power of visual note taking, which has over 16,000 views.
- NOTE/DISCLAIMER: we will be using a different platform that our usual Adobe Connect - we will use Zoom to better enable the sharing/discussion of the virtual reality options. Please note that you will be able to join via audio and video; if you choose to do so you will be recorded and that recording will be shared with participants and MAFN members.
- Approximately 2-3 days prior to this workshop, you will receive additional, more detailed instructions for joining the live session.
- The workshop will begin promptly at noon Eastern Time, but we strongly recommend you log-in to the website at 11:45 am to address any connection issues.
- Contact for issues/questions about:
- Registration or membership:
- Future webinar topics, general feedback, or issues connecting to the webinar the day of: