About the session...
Improv experiences are very useful experiential processes for facilitators. The increased use of virtual and online facilitation makes using improv and other real time experiential activities difficult to incorporate into a program. This online workshop offers practical ways to deliver the insights and learning from improv activities on a virtual platform. We will explore the participant experience and the implications for virtual facilitation and engagement.
- Describe how to use virtual breakout rooms to facilitate using Improv activities.
- Discuss which improv games can be successfully used on virtual platforms.
- Identify effective debrief questions to maximize the virtual improv experience.
About the virtual facilitator...
Izzy Gesell is an organizational alchemist who helps individuals and organizations transform their thinking from commonplace to extraordinary. As an experienced facilitator and coach Izzy has helped employees, families, and individuals develop and learn business skills that have transformed the way they work, communicate, and play. As a speaker he is skilled at delivering meaningful material in a way that makes participants enjoy their time with him. Izzy is the author of Playing Along: Group Learning Activities Borrowed From Improvisation Theater, a co-author of Humor Me: America’s Funniest Humorists on the Power of Laughter, and a contributor of a chapter on Improvisation as a facilitation tool in the IAF Group Facilitators Handbook. His latest project is a deck of cards with improv games on them.
- No refunds or credits for webinar registration cancellations.
- Registered participants will receive instructions for joining the live session and any additional details between 1 – 3 days in advance.
- Webinars begin promptly at 12:00PM EDT. Please log on at least 15 minutes in advance to ensure your internet connections, audio and other settings are functioning properly.
- All webinars are recorded for post-view access.
- For registration or membership questions contact email@example.com.