Benefits of Attending:
Kimberly Bain, MA, CPF has spent the last 6 years exploring this issue with Facilitators from around the world. Kimberly is the past Chair of IAF, a member of the International Facilitators Hall of Fame and is committed to promoting the power of facilitation worldwide. In order to promote and communicate the power of facilitation Kimberly has been researching, discussing and experimenting with calculating the ROI of facilitation across domains and industries and wants to share those learnings with us and add our voices to the collective thought process around this critical issue.
- Are you challenged when asked why clients should invest money in your facilitation services?
- Do you struggle with trying to communicate the ROI of facilitation in general?
- Do you want to go beyond the classic Workshop exit survey to see what the real benefits and impacts that facilitation brought to the team/organization/community?
What to Expect from the Session:
Come prepared to roll up your sleeves and dig into the issue of defining success, measuring impact, and communicating the benefits of facilitation in both qualitative and quantitative language. During the session, you will:
- Explore the different ways to define and measure success/impact
- Hear about the results of conversations Kimberly has had on this issue in Australia, Asia, Europe, Canada and the US
- Learn about some of the ways Kimberly and others have successfully measured ROI
- Discuss and explore the issue with colleagues to better understand the challenges and opportunities
- Explore how to communicate ROI with clients and potential clients.
Session Objectives: The core objectives will be for you to:
- Understand what it means to define and measure success & impact
- Explore how this can help you in your business
- Consider how you might incorporate qualitative and qualitative measures in your next facilitation contract and how to communicate success/impact to clients
A note about measuring ROI/impact of Facilitation:
Governments, Not-for-Profits and Industry are all jumping on board the indicators and measures wagon as a way to justify the cost of investing in services and programs. This is not a bad thing, but it makes it critical for facilitators to more closely consider how we measure the success and impact of what we do. This workshop is designed to help us all explore this important issue.
Kimberly Bain, Senior Partner, Baingroup Consulting, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator, past-Chair of the International Association of Facilitators, Visiting Scholar at Queen’s University and Adjunct Professor at St. Lawrence College. In 2018 Kimberly was inducted into the International Facilitators Hall of Fame. Kimberly is also author of The Reflective Ethical Practitioner.
Kimberly has been the recipient of two Facilitation Impact Awards. A Silver award for her facilitation at the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer to improve access and outcomes of cancer screening for marginalized populations. Also, a Platinum award, for her work with Coloplast A/S facilitating a global consensus on bowel management practice guidance for neurogenic patients.
- Approximately 2-3 days prior to this workshop, you will receive additional, more detailed instructions for joining the live session.
- The workshop will begin promptly at noon Eastern Time, but we strongly recommend you log-in to the website at 11:45 am to address any connection issues.
- Contact for issues/questions about:
- Registration or membership: Admin support, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Future webinar topics, general feedback, or issues connecting to the webinar the day of: Director of Online Learning Programs, Megan Primeau, email@example.com