Now more than ever facilitators must rely on their improvisational skills. This 90-minute workshop will use improv activities that will not only help you grow as a facilitator but you will also come away with activities you can adapt in various ways with participants. You'll practice critical skills such as active listening, building and accepting, and valuable messaging. Join us and leave with a new perspective and some great strategies for your own programs.
- Know the basic principles of improv as an experiential learning tool.
- Apply and adapt activities to appropriately support learning programs.
- Identify the situations where improv can be applied.
- Build confidence in facilitating improvisational activities.
This class is mostly practice and activity will be broken down based on focused skills such as listening, collaboration, “yes and…”, resiliency, and other communication skills.
About the Presenter
Lori Muhlstein is an accomplished facilitator, trainer, and improviser, and works with clients and training consultants across industries in several ways:
- Deliver, create, and customize fun and engaging workshops focused on great communication to achieve success - within teams, with clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate imaginative team building activities.
- Coach individuals to prepare for delivering critical presentations.
- Supplement existing communication training using client-developed content.
Throughout her career in corporate learning, sales, and marketing communications, she has worked with clients across industries including healthcare, telecommunications, local and state government, finance, and real estate/property management among others.
In her "other life", Lori acts and directs and have been fortunate to be involved with many local award-winning productions. When she is not leading workshops and helping professionals improve their communications skills, Lori can be seen helping audiences solve crimes in interactive murder mysteries and performing improv with StageCoach Theatre's improv troupe The StageCoach Bandits in Ashburn, VA.
- No refunds or credits for webinar registration cancellations.
- Registration closes at midnight the day before the webinar.
- Registered participants will receive instructions for joining the live session and any additional details 1 day in advance and the morning of the event. Please be sure to look for the link in your email.
- Webinars begin promptly at 9:00 AM EDT or 12:00PM EDT, depending on the topic of the event. Please log on at least 15 minutes in advance to ensure your internet connections, audio and other settings are functioning properly.
- MAFN Members have access to all webinar recordings via the MAFN website.
- For registration or membership questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.